What Your Should Know About Fairfax Electrical Safety Inspections
As a conscientious homeowner, you try to think of anything you can in order to keep your house and your loved ones safe. You make all the right choices when it comes to protecting your and safeguarding but that only includes what you can see. What about when it comes to the behind the scene details or, in this case, behind the walls?
One of the most important tasks you can take care of is an electrical safety inspection, yet not many people take care of this when they should. It starts with knowing more about the process and when it should be taken care of. Find out what you need to in order to best protect your home and loved ones.
Safety as a Priority
This process is a thorough analysis of your entire electrical system. This will ensure that your electrical wires, systems and components still meet current legal safety standards. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation suggests, these inspections should occur:
- When adding an appliance
- Prior to any major renovations
- When buying a home
- When a home is 40 years or older
What does this type of inspections accomplish?
- Identify common electrical mistakes or existing problems
- Spotting oversized breakers or fuses that could result in fire
- Make sure the home you are considering buying meets the current standards
- Help you make your home more energy efficient
- Make sure your appliances are able to function properly and safely
- Seek out and replace outdated wiring like knob and tube
- Become compliant with insurance risk assessment guidelines
Finally, what are some things a thorough inspection will cover?
- Determine any shock or electrocution risks
- Examine exterior electrical systems
- Switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Check of all safety and security lighting
- A checklist of items that are operable and those which need to be addressed
Bring in the Experts
Established in 1991, S & S Electric is the name that locals here in Fairfax and surrounding areas have come to depend on. We offer the best in reliable and quality service and always put the needs of our customers first. You don’t become number one or last for 25 years without being committed to providing the best service provider in the area.
Give us a call today for all of your Fairfax electrical service needs. Let us show you in person what makes us number one. You will be glad you made the call.